[R] Help for "calibration"

(Ted Harding) Ted.Harding at nessie.mcc.ac.uk
Fri Jan 7 12:21:46 CET 2005

On 07-Jan-05 NDIKUMAGENGE Alice wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've tried stl decomposition but I made a mistake
> I want to make a "calibration on a sample", in french we called it
> "Redressement d'un échantillon"
>
> Thank u

Are you referring to the sort of thing decsribed, for example,  in

  http://statbel.fgov.be/studies/cal2002d.pdf

and

  http://statbel.fgov.be/studies/cal_en.asp

?

If so, then you may find useful things in Thomas Lumley's
"survey" package, though I'm not expert enough to judge how
extensively it covers this area.

The PDF reference above gives a general mathemtical formulation
which looks as though a solution could be implemented in R as
an optimisation problem.

In any case, it would help if you would describe your problem
in more specific terms!

Best wishes,
Ted.

Fax-to-email: +44 (0)870 094 0861  [NB: New number!]
Date: 07-Jan-05                                       Time: 11:21:46