[R] Compilation of R code

Sat Jan 8 01:47:12 CET 2005

On Fri, 2005-01-07 at 16:00 -0800, Sameul M Mwalili wrote:
> Dear ALL,
> In order to install the Rice R to C compiler (RCC) you need to patch
> the R source code. However, the patch command at DOS prompt returns an
> error:  patch is not recognized as internal or external command. How
> do you patch in DOS (or Windows)?
>
> Regards,
>
> Samuel.

The GNU patch program is available as source code via:

http://www.fsf.org/software/patch/patch.html

I also located a Sourceforge project that has pre-built native Win32
binaries, which requires msvcrt.dll:

http://unxutils.sourceforge.net/

There may be other resources to reference.

HTH,

Marc Schwartz