[R] Least square minimization (non-linear)

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Sun Jan 9 02:38:35 CET 2005

      What are you trying to accomplish?

      If you want to model the distribution of the data, and if the
numbers are plausibly normally distributed, I'd start with "qqnorm".  If
you have some distribution in mind, I'd try "fitdistr" in
library(MASS).  If it's neither of these, please make another attempt to
"read the posting guide! http://www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html".
Your question may seem perfectly clear to you, but it seems to me to be
too general to answer;  carefully following the instructions in the
posting guide can increase the likelihood that someone will understand
what you are trying to do enough to actually help you.

      hope this helps.
      spencer graves