[R] [R-pkgs] New package: MatchIt

Elizabeth Stuart stuart at stat.harvard.edu
Tue Jan 11 19:17:29 CET 2005

We would like to announce the release of our software MatchIt, now
available on CRAN.   MatchIt implements a variety of matching methods for
causal inference.

Abstract:
MatchIt implements the suggestions of Ho, Imai, King, and Stuart (2004)
for improving parametric statistical models by preprocessing data with
nonparametric matching methods. MatchIt implements a wide range of
sophisticated matching methods, making it possible to greatly reduce the
dependence of causal inferences on hard-to-justify, but commonly made,
statistical modeling assumptions. The software also easily fits into
existing research practices since, after preprocessing data with MatchIt,
researchers can use whatever parametric model they would have used without
MatchIt, but produce inferences with substantially more robustness and
less sensitivity to modeling assumptions. MatchIt is an R program, and
also works seamlessly with Zelig.

For more information, please see http://gking.harvard.edu/matchit/.
Comments and suggestions are welcome.

Sincerely,
Daniel Ho, Kosuke Imai, Gary King, and Elizabeth Stuart