[R] kde2d and borders

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Fri Jan 14 09:58:01 CET 2005

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005, Manuel Metz wrote:

> I want to use kde2d to visualize data on a sphere given in spherical
> coordinates. Now the problem is, that "phi == 2*pi = 0", so in principal I
> have to connect (in a graphical view) the left and right border of my plot
> (and the bottom and top). Has anyone any idea how to do that ?

This is discussed on the same page (130) as kde2d in the book it
supports.  The posting guide does say

     * If the function is from a package accompanying a book, e.g., the
       MASS package, consult the book before posting

so how on earth did you miss that?

There are other ways to do this: see e.g. package sm.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk