[R] how to produce 2-d color plots in R

Yogesh K. Tiwari ktiwari at bgc-jena.mpg.de
Fri Jan 14 18:08:06 CET 2005

Hello 'R' Users,

I am very new on 'R', so excuse me if I ask something wrong.

I have ASCII data and the colums of the data are looks like :-

!-------------------------
time,yr,mo,dy,hr,min,sec,lat,lon,ht,co2obs,sigma,co2model
--
-
--

!----------------------------

Each column has data value. Now I want to produce 2-d color maps,
for example the plot should look like :-

on x-axis =lon    ,   on y-axis=lat

and on these two axis I want to shade  or fill co2model values.

Also, after ploting how I can draw the continent line, for
example the data belongs North America, so how the plot
recognise the continent line.

Can this type of color plot is possible in R.

Pls help !!!

Many thanks in advance,

Regarda,
Yogesh

-

Yogesh K. Tiwari,
Max-Planck Institute for Biogeochemistry,
Beutenberg Campus, Hans-Knoell-Strasse 10,
D-07745 Jena,
Germany

Office   : 0049 3641 576376
Home     : 0049 3641 223163