[R] "Attach" for S4 objects?

F.Tusell etptupaf at bs.ehu.es
Tue Jan 18 15:37:51 CET 2005

When passing a list as an argument to a function, I find it convenient
to attach it in the first line of th function code, then refer to the
components as A, B, etc. rather than as list$A, list$B, etc.

If I pass a S4 class object, is there a way to "attach" it, or do I have
to refer to the slots as object at A, objetc at B, etc.?

I could always make copies,

     A <- object at A
     B <- object at B

but "object" has many slots, some fairly large, so this seems wasteful.

Thank you.
--
Fernando TUSELL                                e-mail:
Departamento de Econometría y Estadística           etptupaf at bs.ehu.es
Facultad de CC.EE. y Empresariales             Tel:   (+34)94.601.3733
Avenida Lendakari Aguirre, 83                  Fax:   (+34)94.601.3754
E-48015 BILBAO  (Spain)                        Secr:  (+34)94.601.3740