[R] Re: suggestion on data mining book using R

Vito Ricci vito_ricci at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 20 09:01:22 CET 2005

Hi,

see these links:
http://www.liacc.up.pt/~ltorgo/DataMiningWithR/
http://sawww.epfl.ch/SIC/SA/publications/FI01/fi-sp-1/sp-1-page45.html

Brian D. Ripley, Datamining: Large Databases and
Methods, in Proceedings  of "useR! 2004 - The R User
Conference", may 2004
http://www.ci.tuwien.ac.at/Conferences/useR-2004/Keynotes/Ripley.pdf

looking for a book I suggest:

Trevor Hastie , Robert Tibshirani,  Jerome Friedman,
The Elements of Statistical Learning: Data Mining,
Inference, and Prediction, 2001, Springer-Verlag.
http://www-stat.stanford.edu/~tibs/ElemStatLearn/

B.D. Ripley, Pattern Recognition and Neural Networks
http://www.stats.ox.ac.uk/~ripley/PRbook/

Hoping I helped you.
Best
Vito

you wrote:
Hi, there:
I think I need a book on data mining book using R. I
knew
Modern Applied Statistics with S-plus (2nd Ed)
or
Modern Applied Statistics with S (4th Ed)
might be a good choice.

But not sure if there is other better suggestion and
which one between the two is better.

thanks,

Ed

=====
Diventare costruttori di soluzioni
Became solutions' constructors

"The business of the statistician is to catalyze
the scientific learning process."
George E. P. Box

Top 10 reasons to become a Statistician

     1. Deviation is considered normal
     2. We feel complete and sufficient
     3. We are 'mean' lovers
     4. Statisticians do it discretely and continuously
     5. We are right 95% of the time
     6. We can legally comment on someone's posterior distribution
     7. We may not be normal, but we are transformable
     8. We never have to say we are certain
     9. We are honestly significantly different
    10. No one wants our jobs

Visitate il portale http://www.modugno.it/
e in particolare la sezione su Palese  http://www.modugno.it/archivio/palese/