[R] Problem loading a library

Marco Sandri marco.sandri at economia.univr.it
Thu Jan 20 12:10:03 CET 2005

Hi.
I have R (Ver 2.0) correctly running on a Suse 9.0
Linux machine.

I correclty installed the "Logic Regression" LogicReg library
(by the command: R CMD INSTALL LogicReg)
developed by Ingo Ruczinski and Charles Kooperberg :
http://bear.fhcrc.org/~ingor/logic/html/program.html

When I try to load the library in R by the command:
library(LogicReg)
I get the following error:
Error in dyn.load(x, as.logical(local), as.logical(now)) :
unable to load shared library
"/usr/lib/R/library/LogicReg/libs/LogicReg.so":
/usr/lib/R/library/LogicReg/libs/LogicReg.so: cannot map zero-fill pages:
Cannot allocate memory
Error in library(LogicReg) : .First.lib failed

How could I solve the problem?
Thanks in advance for your kind help.
Marco