[R] axis placement with stacked barplots and the asp=1 parameter

Kavithan Siva ksiva at prytania.co.uk
Fri Jan 21 11:16:39 CET 2005

Hi,

I'm currently using barplot to generate vertically stacked bar charts.
I'd like to be able to use the "asp=1" parameter with barplot(), but
doing this causes the y axis to be placed on the far left as shown in
the attachment demo.pdf.

I could get around this by using the negative values for the line
parameter of the axis() function. I'd rather not do this and imagine I'm
doing something wrong. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Kav

 ---
This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the
intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender
immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution
of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden. The Prytania Group has taken every
reasonable precaution to ensure that any attachment to this e-mail has been swept for
viruses. However, we cannot accept liability for any damage sustained as a result of
software viruses and would advise that you carry out your own virus checks before
opening any attachment.