[R] chi-Squared distribution in Friedman test

Prasanna Balaprakash pbalapra at ulb.ac.be
Fri Jan 21 14:38:27 CET 2005

Dear R helpers:

Thanks for the previous reply. I am using Friedman racing test. According the the book "Pratical Nonprametric Statistic" by WJ Conover, after computing the statistics, he suggested to use chi-squared or F distribution to accept or reject null hypothesis. After looking into the source code, I found that R uses chi-sqaured distribution as below:

PVAL <- pchisq(STATISTIC, PARAMETER, lower = FALSE)

but still I cant figure out why they are using this pschisq insted of dchisq. Sorry I am wrong!!

Thanking you
truly
Prasanna