[R] some questions about font

Bobai Li b-li1 at northwestern.edu
Fri Jan 21 19:18:49 CET 2005

Hi,

I have been using R to create some mathematical and statistical graphs
for a book manuscript, but I got some problems:

1)  Some web positngs said that default typeface for math expressions is
italic, but in my system (R 2.01 on WinXP), the default is regular font.
How can I change the default to ilatic?

2)  When use ComputerModern font,  (i.e.,
family=c("CM_regular_10.afm","CM_boldx_10.afm","cmti10.afm","cmbxti10.afm","CM_symbol_10.afm")
), some accented symbols are not available. For example,
"expression(hat(beta))" will produce warning message like "font metrics
unknown for character 94."

Thanks.

Bobai Li

Assistant Professor