[R] How to use "identify"

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Mon Jan 24 12:45:14 CET 2005

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 18:35:00 -0500, David Parkhurst
<parkhurs at ariel.ucs.indiana.edu> wrote :

>I can't get identify to work, using R 2.0.1 under windows xp pro,
>service pack 2.  Here's what I enter, and the result:
>
> > plot((our.frame2$c1),(our.frame2$c9))  # Produces desired plot
> > identify(our.frame2$c1) # Plot comes to forefront, so I select a point
>warning: no point with 0.25 inches
>numeric(0)
>
>Is my call to identify correct?  The help page for indentify (from
>?identify) doesn't give any examples, so I don't know what the "x"
>should be.  I right click right on top of one of the points, then left
>click and select stop.

You want to give both x and y coordinates to identify(), matching the
points you plotted, e.g.. change your example to

 plot((our.frame2$c1),(our.frame2$c9))  # Produces desired plot
 identify(our.frame2$c1, our.frame2$c9) # Give the same coords

Duncan Murdoch