[R] survreg: fitting different location parameters

h.brunschwig@utoronto.ca h.brunschwig at utoronto.ca
Tue Jan 25 01:46:03 CET 2005

I am still trying to find a common intercept but a different slopes for each
group within my lifetime data. By stratifying the variable stress (the groups)
I get different scale parameters which is not my goal.
So I did this:

survreg(Surv(lfailure)~as.factor(stress),data=steel,dist="extreme")

and I did get different slopes but common intercepts and scales.
Is this correct? I am a bit unsure as I did it with a different software and
got different estimates...

Thanks for any help

Hadassa