[R] "disregarded projections" warning when fitting lm model

Piet van Remortel piet.vanremortel at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 11:41:23 CET 2005

Hi all,

I'm fitting a linear model (using lm) to some 2500 data points.  The
model consists of 4 single terms and two combined terms.  I get the
following warning message:

"Extra arguments projections are just disregarded. in: lm.fit(x, y,
offset = offset, singular.ok = singular.ok, ...) "

Can anybody clarify this ?  I don't seem to find any pointer to what
this might mean.  Too many/little data points ?  too many terms in the
model ?

thanks

Piet

--