[R] Rd problems when converting DVI version

michael watson (IAH-C) michael.watson at bbsrc.ac.uk
Tue Jan 25 16:04:25 CET 2005

Hi

Running R v2.0 on SuSe linux 8.2.

I'm trying to build a package (which built perfectly on Windows...) on
Linux, and I ran:

R CMD check mypackage

I got:

* checking mypackage-maual.tex ... ERROR
LaTeX errors when creating DVI version
This typically indicates Rd problems

OK, there are no problems with my Rd - I got 3 warnings but they were
all expected, and the whole package builds find on windows.  There is no
indication which of my Rd files is upsetting LaTeX and no information
about what it is about the Rd that is the problem.

I have in my notes that I used to use:

R CMD R2dvi

But that now returns an error saying R2dvi is not found... Did this
change when upgrading to v2?  Or are my notes wrong?

So any help getting to the root of this error would be very much
appreciated.

Cheers
Mick

Michael Watson
Head of Informatics
Institute for Animal Health,
Compton Laboratory,
Compton,
Newbury,
Berkshire RG20 7NN
UK

Phone : +44 (0)1635 578411 ext. 2535
Mobile: +44 (0)7990 827831
E-mail: michael.watson at bbsrc.ac.uk

"To call in the statistician after the experiment is done may be no more
than asking him to perform a post-mortem examination: he may be able to
say what the experiment died of." R.A. Fisher, 1938.