[R] GLM function with poisson distribution

BXC (Bendix Carstensen) bxc at steno.dk
Tue Jan 25 16:16:06 CET 2005

It' because one of the values of b is 0, hence the linear predictor for
the corresponding level of a is -Inf, viz. the value -49 for the
intercept,
and the huge standard errors. Usual theory breaks down.

Replace the 0s with 1s and you get something which is closer
to what is covered by standard theory.

Bendix Carstensen