[R] lme and varFunc()

Christoph Scherber Christoph.Scherber at uni-jena.de
Wed Jan 26 09:57:57 CET 2005

Dear all,

I am expecting a Poisson error distribution in my lme with
weights=varFunc().

The "weigths= varPower (form= fitted (.))" doesn´t work due to missing
values in the response:

Problem in lme.formula(fixed = sqrt(nrmainaxes + 0...: Maximum number of iterations reached without convergence.
Use traceback() to see the call stack

That´s why I´ve used one of my most important explanatory variables as a variance covariate:

weigths= varPower (form=~explanatory)

With that, it worked out properly so far.

What would your suggestion in such a case be?

Regards
Christoph