[R] graphsheet substitute in R?

David Parkhurst parkhurs at ariel.ucs.indiana.edu
Wed Jan 26 20:07:45 CET 2005

I'm using R 2.0.1 in a class I teach, with most students working under
windows XP.  We have a data frame with the first column containing the
factor "site," and five water-quality variables at each site.  As one part
of exploring these data, I'd like the students to run
by(ourdata,site,pairs).
When I try that, however, the pairs plots for the first 10 sites scroll
past, and I'm left to look at the eleventh only.

 I think that if I did this same thing in s-plus with a graph sheet, each of
the graphs would be saved to a separate page, and then they could be viewed
one at a time.  Is there any way to do the equivalent in R?  (Using splom
from lattice makes the graphs too small.)

 Thanks for any help.  (I am not subscribed to the news mailing list, so I
would appreciate direct replies.)

 David Parkhurst