[R] A "rude" question

Bill.Venables@csiro.au Bill.Venables at csiro.au
Thu Jan 27 09:15:24 CET 2005

When Haydn was asked about his 100+ symphonies he is reputed to have
replied "sunt mala bona mixta" which is kind of dog latin for "There are
good ones and bad ones all mixed together".  It's certainly the same
with R packages so to continue the latin motif: "caveat emptor"

The R engine, on the other hand, is pretty well uniformly excellent code
but you have to take my word for that.  Actually, you don't.  The whole
engine is open source so, if you wish, you can check every line of it.
If people were out to push dodgy software, this is not the way they'd go
about it.

Bill Venables.