[R] svd error

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Thu Jan 27 18:47:40 CET 2005

      You haven't told us what you used to compute the pseudoinverse,
but I can get that error message using ginv in library(MASS).  When I
then typed "ginv" (without the parentheses, it listed the code, and I
quickly saw "Xsvd <- svd(X)" [using R 2.0.1 under Windows 2000].

      hope this helps.
      spencer graves
p.s.  The posting guide (www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html) can help
you find answers to many questions like this yourself, in addition to
improving your facility with language AND improving, I believe, your
chances of getting a reply that actually answers your question.  In this
case, if you are not using "ginv" in library(MASS) and the discussion
above doesn't help you solve the problem otherwise, following the
posting guide would have made it much easier for someone like me to
provide a more useful answer.