[R] Line types in the legend function

Louisell, Paul T. paul.louisell at pw.utc.com
Fri Jan 28 18:05:36 CET 2005

Hi,

I'm using version 2.0.1 of R on a Windows 2000 platform. The legend function
has parameters _lty_ and _pch_ for drawing line types and point types in the
legend box, but I can't find any way of getting the patterns corresponding
to _type='b'_ in the _plot_ function. When you enter _type='b'_ as a
parameter in the plot function, you get an alternating series of dashes and
points. The closest I can come to duplicating this is to get the dash and
point lying on top of each other in the legend box. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Paul Louisell
Pratt & Whitney
Statistician