[R] Installing Problems

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Fri Jan 28 19:47:00 CET 2005

Hi Ashok,

On Thu, Jan 27, 2005 at 11:48:08AM -0500, Ashok Veeraraghavan wrote:
> I tried installing R on my MAC OS 10.3. After R installation I tried
> installing BioConductor which requires R. I ran into some problems
> with Bioconductor. Right now I want to remove (uninstall) all R and
> Bioconductor components from my machine and start afresh. Can somebody
> tell me how i can remove(uninstall) all R and Bioconductor components.

It is a little hard to answer that because you didn't tell us exactly
how you went about installing R and Bioconductor.

To remove the binary OS X installed R (and Bioconductor) I think it
suffices to delete the R application from /Applications and remove the R
framework from /Library/Frameworks.

For questions regarding Bioconductor, you may find the Bioconductor mail
list more receptive: https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/bioconductor

+ seth