[R] Postgraduate distance learning courses for MSc in Statistics?

Tilo Blenk tilo.blenk at charite.de
Sun Jan 30 20:40:59 CET 2005

Does anybody has experience with postgraduate distance learning courses
resulting in a MSc in Statistics? I am thinking about such a course to
learn more about statistics and get a certification to be able to work
as statistician. I would prefer a course in England or in the USA. A
coworker told me about a course at the Sheffield Hallam University. Are
there well known courses? Any idea how to find a good one? Are there
any courses with some emphasis on computational statistics?

I am currently working in a medical research group in Germany managing
studies and being responsible for data management and basic,
explorative data analysis. I studied medicine and I am not that bad in
programming.

Thanks in advance for any comments and suggestions.

Sorry for posting something only distantly related to R but I hope
there some people reading this mailing list who could help me.
Moreover, R is one of the reasons why I got interested in statistics.

Tilo