[R] MacOS X and vectorized files (emf, wmf,...)

Jari Oksanen jarioksa at sun3.oulu.fi
Mon Jan 31 09:04:33 CET 2005

On Mon, 2005-01-31 at 08:06 +0100, Patrick Giraudoux H wrote:
> Dear Listers,
>
> We are organising practical trainings for students with R 2.0.1 under MacOS
> X. I am used with R 2.0.1 under Windows XP and thus has been surprised not
> to find functions in the MacOS X version of R providing vectorized chart
> outputs to a file. For instance the equivalent of:
>
> win.metafile()
>
> or
>
> savePlot()
>
> ... including a wmf or emf option.
>
> Can one obtain only jpeg or bitmap or eps files with R under MacOS X or did
> I miss something?

Saving a plot from a menu bar (click "save") saves a plot in pdf which
is vectorized graphic format native to MacOS X. Further, dev.copy2eps()
work normally, as do postcript() and pdf() devices. See appropriate help
pages.

Native MS Windows formats (such as wmf) may not work, but who needs
them?

cheers, jari oksanen
--
Jari Oksanen <jarioksa at sun3.oulu.fi>