[R] Re: Begginer with R

Vito Ricci vito_ricci at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 31 14:12:39 CET 2005

Hi,

see this web page:

http://www.stats.ox.ac.uk/~vos/DataMining.html

you'll find something about classification with
examples:
4. Classification
Decision theory, Linear discriminant analysis,
Quadratic discriminant analysis, Fisher's LDA,
Logistic discrimination, Non-parametric classification
tools, Classifier assessment, Tree-based  classifiers,
Bagging  and Boosting

Best regards,
Vito

you wrote:

Hello all,

Im just beggining using R. I have read a couple of
introductory documents
but they are very general. Is there a document focused
on classification?
(this is what Ill be using R for). Examples would be
just fine.
Thanks in advance,

Ulises

=====
Diventare costruttori di soluzioni
Became solutions' constructors

"The business of the statistician is to catalyze
the scientific learning process."
George E. P. Box

Top 10 reasons to become a Statistician

     1. Deviation is considered normal
     2. We feel complete and sufficient
     3. We are 'mean' lovers
     4. Statisticians do it discretely and continuously
     5. We are right 95% of the time
     6. We can legally comment on someone's posterior distribution
     7. We may not be normal, but we are transformable
     8. We never have to say we are certain
     9. We are honestly significantly different
    10. No one wants our jobs

Visitate il portale http://www.modugno.it/
e in particolare la sezione su Palese  http://www.modugno.it/archivio/palese/