[R] Quantile Regression, S-Function "Rreg"

Stefan Hoderlein stefan_hoderlein at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 18 11:54:00 CEST 2005

I have the following problem: I would like to do a
nonparametric quatile regression. Thus far I have used
the quantreg package and done a local quadratic, but
it does not seem to work well.

Alternatively, I have tried with an older S version I
have the function rreg, and used

rreg(datax,datay,method=function(u)
           {(abs(u)+(2*alpha-1)*u)},iter=100)

which gave me pretty acceptable results. What I would
like to do now is to have a similar command in R, but
with the functions

rlm  and   lqs

I do not seem to be able to get somewhere. Can anybody
help?

I found in the archive under

a reply from Brian Ripley on a similar question, but
was not able to download the experimental file from
his website...

Thanks

Stefan