[R] Zelig: starting values for negbin

Mikkel Grum mi2kelgrum at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 1 20:15:36 CEST 2005

I'm running a negative binomial model in zelig and
it's asking me to supply starting values for the
coefficients. How do I supply these? Could I use the
coefficients from the poisson model (which runs
smoothly)?

> z.out <- zelig(postSpmtsQ ~ (ante62Q + ante08Q +
ante29Q + ante16Q) * Trt, model = "negbin", data =
sprayS)
Error: no valid set of coefficients has been found:
please supply starting values

I don't find anything on this in the documentation and
would appreciate any hints.

Mikkel