[R] confusion with boot

Angelo Canty canty at math.mcmaster.ca
Thu Jun 2 15:34:44 CEST 2005

Your function never uses the argument w.  This argument is used to define
the bootstrap sample as described in the help for boot.  You have choices
about how to do this for linear models.  If you want to do case resampling
then you function should be

detefun3<-function (d,i) {
  d <- d[i,]
  summary(lm(d$sg120~d$fg120adj,data=d))$r.square
}

Why you would want to bootstrap R-squared or whether that is a good idea,
I am not so sure.

Angelo