[R] Storing data frame in a RDBMS

Adam Witney awitney at sgul.ac.uk
Sat Jun 4 18:42:43 CEST 2005

Hi,

Is there anyway to store a data frame in a database, and by this I mean the
binary itself, not the contents?

I am using PL/R in PostgreSQL amd have written some functions to build my
data frame. However this can take some time with some large datasets and I
would like to not have to repeat the process and so I would like to save the
data frame. Rather than save/load into the file system I would like to be
able to save the entire data frame as a single object in the database

Is this possible?

Thanks for any help

Adam

believed to be clean.