[R] make install on solaris 10

roger koenker rkoenker at uiuc.edu
Mon Jun 6 19:13:50 CEST 2005

On Jun 6, 2005, at 9:14 AM, Prof Brian Ripley wrote:

> As far as I can see something has deleted doc/html/resources.html:
> it is in the tarball. I cannot immediately guess what: have you
> done any sort of `make clean'?
>
> Copying it from the virgin sources and doing `make install' again
> should fix this: if not perhaps you can keep an eye on what is
> apparently removing it.
>
> BTW, where did /usr/local/bin/install come from?  If that is not
> doing what is expected, it could be the problem.

Having:

     1.  Downloaded a fresh version of R-devel
     2.  Installed texinfo 4.8
     3.  moved my rogue /usr/local/bin/install file out of the way

R now builds and installs fine.  It looks like X11 support is still
missing
but presumably just needs -L/usr/openwin/lib/sparcv9.  Some further
investigation is needed for png, jpeg and tctlk support, but this can
wait
for a little while.

Thanks very much for your help.

url:    www.econ.uiuc.edu/~roger            Roger Koenker
email    rkoenker at uiuc.edu            Department of Economics
vox:     217-333-4558                University of Illinois
fax:       217-244-6678                Champaign, IL 61820