[R] Tabelle zu Matrix

Sander Oom slist at oomvanlieshout.net
Tue Jun 7 14:33:36 CEST 2005

Why ask if you already know the answer. Did you try table()?

Other commands related: reshape {stats} and xtabs {stats}

I learned about this only a couple of days ago on this list!

Meanwhile read the posting guide and send your requests in English.

Good luck,

Sander.

Hansi Weissensteiner wrote:
> Hallo!
>
> Ich habe ein Textdokument das folgenden Aufbau aufweisst:
>
> String Integer z.B.
> AAA    10
> BBB    15
> CCC    12
> BBB    13
> AAA    11
> DDD    14
>
> Mein Ziel ist es, die Daten in eine Matrix zu schreiben, ohne dabei mit
> Schleifen zu arbeiten. Ist dies möglich? Die entsprechende Matrix sollte dann
> wie folgt aufgebaut sein:
>
> AAA BBB CCC DDD
>  10  15  12  14
>  11  13   0   0
>
> Ich denke an den Befehl table(), oder gibt es sonstige Befehle?
>
> Danke im Vorraus
> MfG
> Hansi Weissensteiner

Dr Sander P. Oom
Animal, Plant and Environmental Sciences,
University of the Witwatersrand
Private Bag 3, Wits 2050, South Africa
Tel (work)      +27 (0)11 717 64 04
Tel (home)      +27 (0)18 297 44 51