[R] Function inside tapply

dscully@fd9ns01.okladot.state.ok.us dscully at fd9ns01.okladot.state.ok.us
Tue Jun 7 18:57:59 CEST 2005

I'm new to R and not an experienced writer of programs, which may help
explain my question.   I wish to create a table or data frame which
contains the quantiles of the columns in the data frame DF.    I wish to
produce a table T where T[1] shows me the quantiles of column DF[1] right
up through the entirety of DF.  Tried several approaches with limited
success. This looked like the best approach but I need a way to specify
which quantiles I'm interested in.  All I am able to achieve are the
default vales. This only seems to be a problem when the quantile function
is inside of tapply.
T<-tapply(DF,colnames(DF),quantile ,na.rm = TRUE)