[R] about tables

secretario academico FACEA faceasec at uapar.edu
Tue Jun 7 19:33:33 CEST 2005

Hi dear all
I'm doing some contingency tables and I'd like to know if it is posible
to make only one table in R that shows me the responses of people who
visit a place with some frecuency about one question with two
posibilities (they are treated like two variables with options). I'm
thinking of a table similar to the next below:

Frecuencia (Frec)

Alternative 1

Alternative 2

Good

Bad

Good

Bad

Todos los días
Entre 4 y 5 veces por semana
2 veces por semana
Entre 1 y 3 veces al mes
Primera vez
Sin respuesta

Another thing I'd like to do is to make a contingency table that relates
a categorical data with a numerical data. They are the frecuency of
visit to a place with the ages of those people, but I need to summarize
the age into intervals that outcomes from a Histogram. For instance,
"hist" function with $breaks and $counts retunrs the intervals limits
and frecuency of data into each  interval.

Frecuencia (Frec)

Edad(Age)

15-20

20-25