[R] Fitting Theoretical Distributions to Daily Rainfall Data

Ken Knoblauch knoblauch at lyon.inserm.fr
Wed Jun 8 12:59:32 CEST 2005

Have a look at the fit.dist function in Jim Lindsey's gnlm package at
http://popgen0146uns50.unimaas.nl/~jlindsey/rcode.html

fit.dist {gnlm}	R Documentation
Fit Probability Distributions to Frequency Data

Description

fit.dist fits the distributions in Chapter 4 of Lindsey (1995, 2003 2nd edn):
binomial, beta-binomial, Poisson, negative binomial, geometric, zeta, normal,
log normal, inverse Gauss, logistic, Laplace, Cauchy, Student t, exponential,
Pareto, gamma, and Weibull to frequency (histogram) data, possibly plotting
the frequency polygon of fitted values with the histogram.

fitdistr from the MASS package works quite well, too.

>Dear List Members,
>
>I need a bit help about fitting some theoretical
>distributions (such as geometric, exponential,
>lognormal or weibull distribution)

____________________
Ken Knoblauch
Inserm U371, Cerveau et Vision