[R] install package "snow"

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Wed Jun 8 21:40:48 CEST 2005

Please do read the FAQ Q7.8.

Once you have followed that, it should install from the sources (it does
for me).  However, to make it work you need other things which are
non-trivial to get working on Windows: see

 	http://www.stat.uiowa.edu/~luke/R/cluster/cluster.html

for the lower-level interfaces.  I think snow over PVM has been reported
to work under Windows, but I don't know about the others.

There is no binary version of the package, as testing that would be
tedious at best.