[R] rgl.snapshot "failed"

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Fri Jun 10 17:04:51 CEST 2005

On 6/10/2005 10:17 AM, roger koenker wrote:
> I've installed the rgl package on a Suse x86-64 machine (further
> details below)
> and it produces nice screen images.  Unfortunately, rgl.snapshot
> attempts to
> make png files produces only the response "failed".  For other
> graphics png()
> works fine, and capabilities indicates that it is there.  If anyone
> has a suggestion
> of what might be explored at this point I'd be very appreciative.

rgl is a contributed package, with maintainer Daniel Adler. It hasn't
been updated on CRAN in around a year, though I know he has been working
on it (because I've been doing some work with him, though I haven't been
in contact since February).

I don't use Suse at all so I can't help you with your problem, but
Daniel might be able to.

Duncan Murdoch