[R] Default Format for Dates?

khobson@fd9ns01.okladot.state.ok.us khobson at fd9ns01.okladot.state.ok.us
Fri Jun 10 19:53:41 CEST 2005

Is there anyway to preset date formats?  I have a date from a cover.dbf
that is shown as this:
> cover$FINALREPOR
[1] "2003-06-24"

The numeric value in cover$FINALREPOR is 12227.  I'd rather not create
another vector to hold the properly formatted date.

When I put this in a WordPerfect merge, I want the date to be June 24,
2003.   I could take care of the problem in a WordPerfect macro but I'd
rather do it as an R default date format if possible.

I researched some of this in the archives, FAQ's and manuals but didn't
find anything that met my need.  I would imagine that this type of question
is probably an FAQ but I didn't find it.

mailto:khobson at odot.org
Kenneth Ray Hobson, P.E.
Oklahoma DOT - QA & IAS Manager
200 N.E. 21st Street