[R] TaskView for ecological and environmental data

Gavin Simpson gavin.simpson at ucl.ac.uk
Sat Jun 11 15:01:26 CEST 2005

Dear list,

Following off-list discussion with Graham Smith (who initiated the
initial request for a task view on this topic) and Philippe Grosjean I
have produced a Task View for ecological and environmental data
analysis. Graham and Philippe commented on a earlier draft and it is now
in a shape suitable for public scrutiny.

I have placed a mock-up of the html version of a task view page at the
URI below and would welcome your comments and suggestions before I
submit it to Achim Zeileis for inclusion in the ctv package.

http://ecrc3.geog.ucl.ac.uk/download/taskview/

I will now be out of the office for a week and am not sure what email
availability I will have so it may take a little while for me to reply
to and act on any suggestions you might make.

I would like to thank Graham and Philippe for encouraging me to maintain
this view and for their helpful suggestions.

All the best,

Gavin