[R] superscript in figures - basic question

Peter Alspach PAlspach at hortresearch.co.nz
Tue Jun 14 04:11:47 CEST 2005

Ben

Others have pointed out plotmath.  However, for some superscripts (including 2) it may be easier to use the appropriate escape sequence (at in Windows):

ylab = 'BA (m\262/ha)'

Cheers ........

Peter Alspach

>>> "Benjamin M. Osborne" <Benjamin.Osborne at uvm.edu> 14/06/05 13:42:53 >>>
Although I see similar, but more complex, questions addressed in the help
archive, I'm having trouble adding superscripted text to the y-axis labels of
some figures, and I can't find anything in the R documentation on this.

I have:

ylab="BA (m2/ha)"

but I want the "2" to be superscripted.
Thanks in advence for the help, or for pointing out the appropriate help file.

-Ben Osborne