[R] why does the unsubscribe not work

bry@xdocs.dk bry at xdocs.dk
Tue Jun 14 10:42:58 CEST 2005

Hi I have tried to unsubscribe from this list now three times, I desperately
need to unsubscribe from this list from this address because the list is choking
this mailbox.
Below are the various suggested ways of unsubscribing

> 	https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-help
> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
> 	r-help-request at stat.math.ethz.ch

I did the second the first time, I received an email suggesting that I send an
email to that address with unsubscribe in the subject nothing in the body, which
I did, I received a confirmation request from that address and I confirmed,
after confirmation I received a response that I had been unsubscribed.  I
continued to receive email from this list.
So I went ahead and tried to unsubscribe via the https address, unfortunately it
said that it did not recognize my password, as I write down all my passwords I
doubt I've forgotten it and I am assuming that somewhere in the system I have
been unsubscribed but unfortunately not through the whole system. Anyway I
attempted again via the r-help-request, got the same response and of course the
end result is I am still receiving the emails that are choking my system.
Yesterday in order to deal with this problem I tried to contact
r-help-owner at stat.math.ethz.ch
and I have not received a response from him. This might very well be because
this mailbox is getting so damned choken by mail from this list that a number of
emails from other lists etc. are being refused. I am cc'ing him on this email. I
would like someone to get me unsubscribed from this list as I don't think it
very fair that I should have to abandon a mailbox that I have set to receiving
mails from several interesting lists and that I have been using for more than a
year now.