[R] Reducing the FPR (false positive rate)

Anderson de Rezende Rocha phiberoptic_br at yahoo.com.br
Wed Jun 15 02:47:05 CEST 2005

Hello R-USERS,

I think some people didn't understand my question. What I want is to
use the training set to minimize the FALSE POSITIVE RATE.

I think it is possible. I sacrifice ACCURACY to have less FALSE
POSITIVES. I don't want a classifier result with 5% of FPR and, for
example, 93% of ACCURACY. I want a 1% FPR sacrificing the 93% ACCURACY.

Do you know how can I do this? I really need this because the requisite
of the work I'm doing is only 1% of FPR.

Thanks and best regards.

|Üñðë®§µñ| - Anderson de Rezende Rocha
Bacharel em Ciência da Computação - UFLA
Mestrando em Ciência da Computação - UNICAMP
Esteganografia e esteganálise digital
UNIVERSIDADE ESTADUAL DE CAMPINAS, SP - BRASIL
< http://andersonrocha.cjb.net >