[R] Setting environment variables (installation problem)

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Wed Jun 15 14:21:08 CEST 2005

It is unclear what you want to do, but it is clear that this is not the
appropriate list (see the posting guide) and that your subject line is
misleading.

Note that the path to R is normally entered in the registry during
installation, but this is optional as some users have a read-only
registry.  So using the registry is not a general solution.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk