[R] Excel files first row not being read

Vivek Subramanian subramanian.vivek at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 12:21:22 CEST 2005

hi,

i am using the RODBC package to read excel files using
odbcConnectExcel and susequently sqlFetch to read the contents of the
file.

the file that i use is just a matrix of numbers thats all. no headers
and column names. what happens is that the sqlFetch is not reading my
first row of numbers.
i have tried different combinations of colnames and rownames logical
values but that first row is not being read into my data frame.

i can manually set the first row to blanks in my worksheet, but since
this is part of larger code where a user specifies a file to use this
method is a little clumsy.

i would be grateful if you help me get around this problem.

regards,
vivek