[R] Analysing ordinal/nominal data

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Fri Jun 17 11:55:50 CEST 2005

As I suggested before, a binomial logistic model is appropriate here, not
a Poisson log-linear one.  (They are equivalent, but the binomial version
is easier to interpret and less wasteful to fit.)

You have still not defined v' and w', nor the scores (are they estimated
or not).  But the model I suggested is such a model with scores 1,2,...

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk