[R] Trying to build R sources on Windows

Bill Northcott w.northcott at unsw.edu.au
Sun Jun 19 06:08:33 CEST 2005

On 19/06/2005, at 11:31 AM, Duncan Murdoch wrote:

>> PS The immediate cause of the header file problems was src/
>> gnuwin32/ fixed/h/config.h.  This needs to be regenerated for
>> every build  configuration.  This is not documented except
>> obliquely in src/ gnuwin32/Maintainer.notes
>>

> Are you running configure?  Why?

Yes.  Because it is needed to construct a src/gnuwin32/fixed/h/
config.h which is consistent with one's installation.  The config.h
in the sources won't work on my set up because it assumes a load of
packages which are not installed.  I started with a clean Windows
2003 Server and installed, MinGW, Msys and the Rtools, nothing else.

I do now have everything built except the CHM documentation.

Bill Northcott