[R] r: integration question

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Mon Jun 20 16:53:47 CEST 2005

	  If I read your question correctly, you want to integrate the
indicated expression over x = 0 to Inf.  If I substitute z = x/sqrt(b),
your integral becomes one constant plus another times the expected value
of (y-z/sqrt(b))^2, where z follows Student's t with v degrees of
freedom.  Expand the quadratic form to get y^2 + (Ez^2)/b and find
something that gives the variance of Student's t.

	  I don't have time now to work out the details, but this should work
if I've understood your question correctly.

	  spencer graves