[R] test for equality of two data sets with multidimensional variables

wu sz r.shengzhe at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 13:00:12 CEST 2005

Hello there,

I have two data sets with 14 variables each, and wish to do the test
for equality of their covariance matrices and mean vectors. Normally
these tests should be done by chi square test (box provided) and
Hotelling's T square test respectively. Which R functions could do
this kind of test? I just find some functions could do for one
dimension, but no for multidimension. Some one suggests bartlett.test,
but it seems just works for one dimension. Do you know which ones
could do that, or I have to do R programming by myself?

Thank you,
Shengzhe