[R] X11, interactive device

Mark Larsen larsenmtl at comcast.net
Fri Jun 24 05:25:47 CEST 2005

lars,

I use R CMD BATCH as a backend to perl and python CGI all the time.  I usually allow R to create post-script (ps) graphics and then use ImageMagick to convert these to PNGs (or JPEGs if you desire).  ImageMagick has some nice interfaces to both perl and python. This method produces very sharp looking images.

Mark Larsen