[R] quotient and remainder

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Fri Jun 24 08:32:57 CEST 2005

On Fri, 24 Jun 2005, zhihua li wrote:

> I've read <the introduction to R> thoroughly and gooogled in the internet
> about my question, but got no answer. I think it would be great if there's a
> doc grouping R functions into different functional categories.

help.start, go to the search function and it has categories.  One is
"arith" which contains what you want.

help.search("remainder") would have found this too.

So the search tools are there: we do expect people to use them before
posting.  Note that there are so many R functions that a static document
is not going to be very useful.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk